Thursday, September 01, 2005

NTFS ADSs, again

I was browsing over on CPAN today, as I do a couple of times a week, to see if there were any new and interesting Perl modules available. I found one called Win32::StreamNames, and decided to take a look. This module, by Clive Darke, takes a filename as an argument and lists any ADS stream names associated with it. I don't see the StreamNames module on the list of Windows packages at ActiveState, but hopefully, it won't be long until it appears.

I haven't installed this module yet, but I will try to do so once (if??) it appears on the ActiveState site. It looks as if it might be useful for automatically parsing and categorizing ADSs, and flagging what's bad, and what Windows just does normally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find it useful. Let me know if you need any functionality added.