Friday, March 30, 2007

"Windows Forensic Analysis" is now available!

My new book, Windows Forensic Analysis, is now available! Go here to purchase the ebook now. Go here for Amazon pre-order.

While I was writing the book, I reached out to the community and tried to get input on the types of things others would like to see in a book like this. A lot of the responses I got back didn't have anything to do with Windows, and some didn't even have anything to do with forensic analysis. Since I've finished the book, I've been able to get my head out of the trenches and think about things for a bit, and I already see avenues for improvement and additions to the book, or at least to the material itself.

For example, by combining the material in the chapters on Windows memory analysis, Registry analysis, and file analysis, and then stirring in a little imagination, you may be able to come up with some effective methods to disprove the "Trojan Defense", as well as some counter-anti-forensics techniques.

Please feel free to send me any comments, thoughts, questions, or criticisms you have about the book. Any additional information about the material in the book will most likely be posted here first.