Monday, August 04, 2008
ProDiscover 5 is out!
Technology Pathways announced today that ProDiscover 5.0 is now available! Updates include:
- Added the ability to investigate, extract, and report on Microsoft client email formats including Outlook and .
- Added the ability to read and add E01 (Expert Witness) formatted images.
- Added UNICODE support and localization for Japanese and Chinese character sets.
- Improved for remote agent and client.
- Improved overall file I/O and Hashing performance.
- Fixed issue with random crash during content searches of specifically formatted images.
- Fixed long path issue effecting extraction of very long path items of interest from images.
If you're not a licensed user of ProDiscover, you can try out the Free Basic Version.
I've enjoyed using ProDiscover IR for a number of years now, to the point of using FTK Imager to convert EnCase .E0x files to dd format (which, apparently, I would no longer need to do) in order to open the case in ProDiscover. PD uses Perl as its scripting language, which for me, really rocks! The interface for PD 5 hasn't seen any radical changes, which is good...firing it up for the first time, I saw a lot of the familiar settings, with some additions of new ones, particularly the Email Viewer.