Tuesday, August 01, 2006

All hail the FATKit!

It's times like this that I really need icons for my blog entries...while many would rate a nice Homer Simpson icon, this one rates an icon of Bender from "Futurama" (here's another good one).

Aaron Walters and Nick Petroni have put together something called the FATKit: The Forensic Analysis Toolkit. I've known about the site for a while, and while it looks interesting, there hasn't been a lot of stuff up there...until now. Aaron posted a whitepaper that among other things, gives us a view of what the FATKit is all about...and to be honest, it looks AWESOME!

Something like this is incredibly useful, providing a layer of abstraction for the analyst while maintaining the integrity of the underlying data. Very cool...these guys have done a lot of great work. If you get a chance, take a look at the paper and either comment here, or send your comments directly to Aaron and Nick.

As you can see from the bottom of the page, Aaron will be at DFRWS, and is putting together a BoF with Andreas Schuster...makes me wish I could go! I only hope that someone attends, and sends in a write up on how things went.

No comments: