Thursday, August 03, 2006

NoVA Sec Founded

Richard Bejtlich recently started NoVA Sec, billed as "Pure technical gatherings for security professionals in the northern Virginia area. Check your certifications at the door." Sounds cool. One of the folks who commented made reference to the 2600 meetings that used to occur in the area.

Unfortunately, yours truly is disqualified for admission, beginning with the very first meeting. According to the announcement, "The price of admission is a laptop running something other than Microsoft Windows."

Oh, well. Can someone tell me how the meeting goes? Thanks.

Addendum, 4 Aug: Okay, it looks like the definition of "running" isn't as explicit as I originally thought. I'll try to come up with something exotic and show up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just pop a BackTrack CD into your laptop!

Gotta love those live-boot linux distros.

Anonymous said...

yeah...but I don't use 'em. I do have Helix...maybe I'll boot Helix just to get in the door...

Who all's coming to this thing?