Sunday, March 15, 2009

Get in mah Kindle!!

Paraphrasing Fat Bastard, I thought it was kind of funny...I crack myself up!

Okay, enough of that. Rob Lee recently pointed me to the new Kindle, and this morning, Lance Mueller pointed me to something just as cool...Windows Forensic Analysis, on the Kindle! Right below the image of the book cover, there's a little box that says "Tell the Publisher"...you can tell the publisher that you want the book on your Kindle!

And yes, there is a similar box for WFA 2/e!

BTW...if you connect one of these to your Windows box to upload books, what artifacts does it leave?

4 comments:

Megan said...

I realize that this was posted quite a while ago, but if you are still curious about Kindle forensics I have some information. I recently finished a project with the Champlain College Center for Digital Investigation in which we were able to acquire and analyze the full Kindle (including the file system, which had been a problem with acquiring using "traditional" tools, e.g. EnCase and FTK).

H. Carvey said...

Megan,

Anything you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Megan said...

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, C3DI is currently working on getting a website up. Once it's up we'll be publishing my Kindle work on there, at which point I can send you the link.

Megan said...

Sorry I took so long to reply, C3DI is currently working on getting a website up. Once it's up we'll be publishing my Kindle work on there, at which point I can send you the link!