Tuesday, May 05, 2009

WFA 2/e...proposed cover art

Windows Forensic Analysis 2/e is scheduled (I'm told) to be released on 5 June 2009, and has been available for pre-order on Amazon for some time. For those of you lucky enough to have a Kindle, there's a link just below the cover art (place holder) on the Amazon page where you can tell the publisher that you'd like to read this book on your Kindle.

Yes, the graphic associated with this post is, I'm told, the working cover art for the book. However, it may change...but hey, it does look pretty cool. Right?

For those who are interested in what's in the second edition, I provided an overview of the chapter updates here.

Thanks!

7 comments:

Ed Smiley said...

Harlan,

Congratulations. The cover looks great. I am working my way through the first edition and it is an excellent resource for not only the forensic analyst, but for systems administrators as well. I look forward to digging into the 2nd edition when it comes out.

Cheers,
Ed

H. Carvey said...

Ed,

Thanks, and I'm glad you feel that way about the first edition...the second edition is even better!

My hope is that as word about the book gets out and if others feel the same way, opinions such as yours will become more publicly visible...

Thanks!

Dave said...

I agree with Ed. Excellent resource! One thing I haven't seen you mention, or I've just plain missed it, is information about the DVD toolkit. Will one be included with this edition? If so, anything new/updated on it?

H. Carvey said...

Dave,

If you click on the first link in the above post, it takes you to the Amazon page for 2/e, where it does stated "DVD Toolkit". I know, the graphic for the book cover hasn't been updated, but still.

The DVD contains all of the content from the first edition, as well as RegRipper, other tools, and a number of PDF one-subject training documents.

HTH

Anonymous said...

What happened to the obligatory magnifying glass going over 0's and 1's ?!?!?!?

ecophobia said...

Great news, I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Nice cover