Thursday, January 27, 2011

WRF book available!!

It seems that the Windows Registry Forensics book is available, as it was shipped to the DoD CyberCrime Conference. I'm looking forward to getting my copy!

If you have the Kindle edition of this book, and want the DVD contents, go here. Also, I've added a Books page to the blog, so check there in the future.

Addendum: Reviews!
Brad and Dave have been nice enough to post reviews of the book thus far! Thanks so much, guys...your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Now, they're both up on the Amazon page for the book, as well...

Speaking of reviews, but specific to WFA 2/e, Eric Huber posted this So You'd Like to...Learn Digital Forensics page on Amazon. In it, he says:

Harlan Carvey's Windows Forensic Analysis DVD Toolkit, Second Edition is the best book available on Windows digital forensics.

Thanks, Eric!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just bought your second edition of Windows Forensic Analysis DVD Toolkit 2E. I did try to save some money and got the kindle edition and wondering if there is any way I can get the DVD conent.

H. Carvey said...

For that book, you'll need to check with the publisher.

Unknown said...

Ok. So I burn't myself trying to save 5 pound. Great. I don't the publisher will give a damn.

H. Carvey said...

veera,

I'm sorry to hear that, but in the past, they have helped folks. Try contacting Angelina (a.ward@elsevier.com) and Matthew Cater (m.cater@elsevier.com)...or don't. Either way, if you're not willing to try, no one can help you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. How ever I also had a oreilly safari book shelf and they did included the DVD contents there.